• Implement n4a’s fiscal policies and procedures and recommend periodic updates (at least annually) to the n4a Fiscal Manual.
• Serve as the primary point of contact with n4a’s external accounting firm, ensuring coding is correct, authorizations are appropriate and that vendors are paid in a timeline basis utilizing AnyBill system and provide accurate complete and timely information needed by the accounting firm for monthly close and reporting.
• Work with program directors to provide support for financial management of grants and assure that federal reports and invoices are filed; prepare non-federal invoices; follow up on collections; provide reports to accounting firm, CEO and Finance Committee. • Oversee n4a’s system of internal controls and monitor compliance. • Provide accurate and timely analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends for both internal and external purposes.
• Assure tax compliance and maintain tax files.
• Support timely membership invoicing (annual membership drive).
• Serve as the primary n4a contact with firm engaged to conduct n4a’s annual audit and coordinate timeline and responsibilities with accounting firm.
• Oversee budget preparation with input from senior management. • Provide education, training and guidance to program managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
• Maintain inventory list of fixed assets and ensure that allowable costs are billed to federal agencies. • Manage payroll, employee pension and employee health plans and other benefits
• Coordinate and handle extensive detail management among n4a, its accounting vendors and grants managers with respect to accounting, recordkeeping and grants management:
o Provide secondary review on revenue accounting work products;
o Provide secondary review on check runs and wire transfers;
o Provide secondary review on fixed assets accounting work products;
o Respond to/review requests for information from grantors, vendors, program managers and senior management;
o Develop and/or maintain the technical GAAP expertise necessary to record transactions and to serve as a technical resource to n4a grant managers and senior management;
o Plan the month-end closing process, including schedules and assignments;
o With accounting firm, review month-end balance sheet account analyses and reconciliations and income and expense analyses at a level adequate to ensure that all general ledger accounts are reasonably stated; and,
o Review draft financial reports from accounting firm and provide feedback.
• Implement and oversee internal controls.
• Coordinate AnyBill, Peachtree and accounting functions.
• Coordinate timely invoicing for services rendered. • Assure timely financial statements on a regular basis (monthly).
• Coordinate grant life reporting and communications with program managers on a regular basis (monthly).
• Oversee and assure timely financial reporting with grantors.
• Assure records for accounting files are maintained in accordance with n4a policies and grant requirements.
• Coordinate ADP payroll (PayExpert and EzLabor timesheet manager).
• Conduct quarterly expenditure analysis (actual vs. budget) with senior management, including recommended adjustments.
• Assure the Form 1099 is sent to n4a vendors.
• Manage the timely and accurate preparation of n4a’s annual audited financial statements.
• Plan and supervise the annual external audit in conjunction with the CEO and external auditor.
• Develop and maintain the technical GAAP expertise necessary to analyze and comment on the audited financial statements.
• Review IRS Form 990 with COO for accuracy (annual).
• Redovisningskonsult – Business Controller.
Qualifications: Accounting degree (CPA preferred) plus 5 – 7 years of experience. Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with federal and foundation grants. Advanced proficiency in Excel and experience in Peachtree system preferred.