Staff Accountant Responsibilities
- Maintains the integrity of general ledgers and monthly closing.
- Prepares audit schedules and responds to auditor requests during financial audits, SOX audits or any other audit.
- Completes balance sheet account reconciliations and bank account reconciliations by the established due dates.
- Prepares, verifies, and controls the entering of journal entries to the general ledger.
- Reviews cost center and chart of account structures; assists in controlling annual expenditures and streamlines the data processing support required during month-end.
- Reviews monthly balance sheet and profit-and-loss statements.
- Subsidiary Schedules: Reviews supporting schedules to ensure that the company’s accounting practices are being maintained, i.e., insurance, fixed assets, amortization of prepaid; makes recommendations where applicable.
- Monitors and tracks cash outflows.
- Assists in the on-going documentation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Interacts with field personnel. Provides exceptional customer service in explaining and responding to questions regarding monthly operating activity, investigating variances, providing detail of charges and booking reclass entries.
Ideal candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
· 1-3 years experience in accounting, audit, reconciliation, and general ledger, or strong internship experience with 3.0 GPA preferred
· SOX knowledge preferred
· PeopleSoft and intermediate to advanced level Excel experience preferred
· Strong attention to detail, positive attitude and a proven ability to succeed