Principal Duties and Responsibilities
§ Conduct and lead audits on an individual and team basis. Perform engagements that meet or exceed Company policies and procedures, Internal Audit Charter, and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) framework.
§ Plan, execute, and close audits in a timely and professional manner. Ensure effective communication with all parties and far enough in advance to allow for issue and bottleneck resolution.
§ Develop nature, timing, and extent of audit procedures following IIA guidelines and sound audit procedures.
§ Conduct risk assessments and review past audits and current information to help develop the audit plan that will contain the nature, timing, and extent of testing.
§ Maintain positive and effective communication with all employees, external auditors, and consultants, while maintaining independence, objectivity, and professionalism.
§ Identify areas for improving the efficiency of processes through bottleneck reductions, business simplification, and reducing risk. The ultimate goal is to add value to the organization through improving Company’s operations.
§ Handle confidential and sensitive information with honesty, integrity, and trust, while maintaining the highest level of ethical standards. Ensure Due Professional Care.
§ Share best practices and lessons learned with audit team from completed audits.
§ Use audit software (e.g. TeamMate) to keep all documentation current, from audit plans to final reports, as well as time utilization.
§ Create work products that are flexible, understandable, and usable by others.
§ Must be able to use or gain effective knowledge of PeopleSoft ERP System, TeamMate, and Computer Aided Audit Technologies (CAATs) such as ACL or IDEA.
§ Develop and nurture working relationships with employees outside of the Internal Audit Department and act as an ambassador for the Internal Audit Department and its mission.
§ Prepare well-written work products using clear language, sound logic, and proper grammar and spelling.
Minimum Requirements for this position
· Manufacturing experience or direct knowledge of rig operations and offshore drilling a plus
· Strong communication skills (including oral, general writing, report writing, and presentation)
· Problem identification and solution skills (including core, conceptual, and analytical thinking)
· Keeping up to date with industry and regulatory changes and professional standards
· Competency with accounting framework, tools, and techniques
· Must uphold the highest level of integrity and Ethical standards
· Maintain confidentiality in the handling of sensitive information
· Must be able to apply judgment, objectivity, and professional skepticism in the evaluation of audit information
· Ability to collaborate and work in a team-oriented environment
· Action-oriented, Demonstrates a sense of urgency to meet audit project needs
· Intellectual curiosity and a desire for self-development
· Knowledgeable in process analysis, risk analysis, and control assessment techniques
· Familiarity with data collection and analysis tools and techniques
· Ability to identify control weaknesses and provide solutions
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required (Advanced MS Excel and MS Word skills preferred)