The Senior Innovation Analyst is responsible for providing analytic leadership to clinical, operational and financial innovation projects to generate value.
- Works in a dynamic environment with clinical, operational and administrative stakeholders and teams.
- Develops analytic methodologies and approaches to address a broad range of performance innovation issues, execute the analyses in a timely, accurate and reliable manner, communicate findings clearly to diverse stakeholders and document work for training and replication purposes.
- Utilizes multiple sophisticated Analytic Methodologies and Data Reporting/Management tools, and contribute to work presented nationally and in publications.
- Builds strong work relationships across the institution, including with other analytic/reporting groups, is essential.
- Demonstrates competence in a range of Analytic Methodologies (e.g. simulation, risk adjusted benchmarking, statistical modeling, financial modeling, value stream mapping) and Data Reporting/Management Tools (e.g. CDIS, SQL Query Analyzer, Crystal Enterprise).
- Functions as a “super user” of either priority Analytic Methodologies or Data Reporting/Management tools.
- Demonstrates competence in MS Office suite (Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and graphics packages (e.g. Visio).
- Establishes area of expertise that evolves the field of health care analytics and is recognized through national presentations and/or co-authorship of publications.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates proficiency with quantitative Analytic Methodologies and Data Reporting/Management Tools.
- Demonstrates competence in Data Reporting/Management Tools (e.g. CDIS, SQL Query Analyzer, Crystal Enterprise).
- Demonstrates understanding of relational database concepts and query tools.
- Demonstrates competence in MS Office Suite (Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and graphic packages such as Visio.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and advanced microcomputer skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to multitask and manage simultaneous projects to meet deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates ability to interpret and communicate analytical information in a clear, concise manner.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Information Science, Business or other relevant analytical/data field or a Bachelor s degree in Industrial Engineering required. Minimum of three years of reporting and/or data analysis experience required. Healthcare experience preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Information Science, Business or other relevant analytical/data field required. Minimum six years of reporting and/or data analysis experience required. Minimum three years related professional work experience in a progressive healthcare setting required.