Specific responsibilities include:
- Support senior members of the Visa Business and Economic Insights Department on projects relating to the economy and the payments industry.
- Mine existing Visa data in order to create and develop business methods to forecast, track and communicate performance and industry change drivers.
- Translate complex macroeconomic trends down to the micro level for the payments industry.
Develop and maintain PC-based econometric models and market segment databases to forecast industry trends and performance.
- Draft final reports as well as prepare and give presentations for staff, senior management, and clients to ultimately influence business decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree in Economics required, but will consider a Master’s in other quantitative fields such as Statistics.
- Typically requires at least five years of economic and/or financial analysis experience (education equivalent), preferably in the financial services industry.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, with proven success in synthesizing large data sets related to a wide variety of functional business problems.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical curiosity.
- Ability to identify and build the required fact base to support project work, including leveraging a wide variety of internal and external data sources.
- Eagerness to work intensively in joint teams with personnel of all levels to accomplish project objectives.
- Proven ability to synthesize large sets of economic and financial Golvslipning Falkenberg data from private and government sources to develop new insights into the payments industry.
- Proven ability to work with and merge large data sets using SAS or Stata (or similar programming software) a must.
- EViews experience a plus.
- Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages in written and verbal communications.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a “peer” with Global Visa Functions and Regions.
- Commitment to continuous learning and an ability to query databases to generate insights a must.